The University of Arizona has developed guidelines for HIPAA and FERPA privacy protections during the COVID-19 response as well as privacy guidelines for the workplace. Please view these documents to learn more about HIPAA and FERPA privacy rights in coronavirus communications. Visit our return to work website for more information about workplace guidance.
Email Compliance with Federal CAM-SPAM Act
- Don’t use false or misleading header information.
- Don’t use deceptive subject lines.
- Identify the message as an ad.
- Tell recipients where you’re located.
- Tell recipients how to opt out of receiving future email from you.
- Honor opt-out requests promptly.
- Monitor what others are doing on your behalf.